Saturday, December 17, 2011
Adventure!
To be honest, part of what drew me to Peace Corps is that it sounded adventurous, and an adventure it has been—living with host families, becoming an “expert” in a field in which I had no experience, communicating mainly in Spanish, new foods, new customs, etc. Some of my most memorable adventures have been the outstanding vacations on which I’ve been. Peru is such an ecologically and geographically incredibly diverse and beautiful country! The country has everything—hot, dry and beautiful deserts, incredible mountains and deep jungle. I absolutely loved every vacation I went on with fellow Peace Corps Volunteers and am very grateful for the wonderful adventures I’ve had with friends and family that visited. With Emily, we visited my site and the sites around my town. I went to Machu Picchu (one of the Seven Wonders of the World) with Seija. Colin , Katherine and I visited the white city of Arequipa in the southern highlands of the Andes Mountains. Erik and Linnea completed an Ole adventure and backpacking trip out to the highlands of Lima with Jared and me. Thank you to all of you for visiting! It was a delight to share my site, experience and Peru’s beauty with you! I have to say, however, that my favorite vacation was when my parents visited this past September. We did everything—my site, the desert, the beautiful snow-capped mountains and the deep jungle. It was a joy and privilege to be able to share Peru and my Peace Corps experience with them. Traveling around with them also renewed my sense of awe of how fortunate I am to have spent the past three years in this incredible country. This most certainly has been an adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment