We were in Quito for a couple days at first, staying at a very nice hotel with hot water, carpet, big beds, hair-dryers, water I could drink out of the tap, beautiful breakfasts, a pool, hot-tub, work-out room, etc. (You may chuckle reading this, but trust me, this hotel was no Peace Corps hostel—it was so luxurious.) We listened to a few speakers talk about development in Ecuador. It was interesting going through the learning phase again on a topic in which a live everyday.
We also spent a couple of days in Otavalo—the biggest Andean market. Needless to say, Emily and I did a lot of shopping. Christmas gifts are pretty much taken care of. We went on a couple hikes and hung out. The whole experience was wonderful and relaxing, but the highlight was definitely the fact that I could spend the time with Emily!
We just found each other at the airport...look how happy we are!
We hiked to a waterfall
Playing with some children at a day care center in Quito
Checking out an insanely cool sewage water treatment system in Otavalo
Hiking to the waterfall

No comments:
Post a Comment