Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Another Year Wiser...

...Or so I would like to think. My 24th birthday was maybe one of my favorite birthdays thus far. The day started by checking out the cleaning of a water system and climbing up the water tower (with a beautiful view at the top). I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon helping my host family prepare the food for my birthday. We butchered a turkey from our yard.

In the evening, some fellow volunteers in the area and people from the community came over to help me celebrate. We danced, ate pavo achifado (turkey), arroz con pollo (rice and chicken), causa rellena (a form of mashed potato salad), cake and even had a piñata. The food was delicious! I had a great time!


Climbing up the water tower in Huanaco

View of Huanaco from the water tower

Some of the people with whom I work at the municipality that attended my birthday
Dancing the night away...actually we didn´t dance that late

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy (belated) birthday Frieda! Lovely and joyful as ever I see.

Much love to you,
Sarah