Monday, November 29, 2010

I am in Lima!

Wow! I am pretty embarrassed that I haven't updated my blog for such a long time! Life really sped up toward the end of my service in site. Within a week I hope to get more detailed stories and pictures up.

For the time being, here is a broad update. The last few months have flown by! We started with our Close of Service conference way back in September to be informed about all the paperwork and things we have to do to formally conclude our service in site and/or Peru. I spent a couple more months in site, focusing on helping organize a barrier analysis study to help us understand why many people in my site continue to burn trash or throw it out in the fields or rivers when we have a trash collection service, planning and carrying out a workshop about HIV/Aids prevention for 19 high schoolers so they can be peer health promoters in the upcoming school-year and facilitating the construction of public bathrooms funded by many of you through the Peace Corps Partnership Program.

My site replacement has arrived at my site, and she is wonderful! I celebrated my birthday at my site, and the party doubled as my good-bye party. On the 20th of November, I left my site. I now am officially the Peace Corps Volunteer Coordinator for the Peace Corps Peru Water and Sanitation Program. I am in Lima, but I still have yet to figure out where I will be living. I was ready for the change. I absolutely enjoyed my service in my site, but I am also very excited for the challenges and new opportunities that lie with the new position.

I'll post more updates soon! (Please note the change in mailing address too.)

No comments: