In April one of my best friends from St. Olaf, Seija, came and visited me. We went down to Cuzco. I saw Machu Picchu for the first time. It was quite beautiful and impressive! I was a little shocked by how many tourists were there, however. We weren’t even there in high season for tourism; I am not used to that many countries represented in one small place! From Cuzco, we checked out the Islas Ballestas in Paracas, went sand-boarding, went to my site and finished off by going to Huancayo to visit our fellow Ole and friend Jared and Volunteers in Yauyos. It was so great to spend time with Seija and see more of Perú. What a blessing!

Machu Picchu from the entrance the Incans used.

Machu Picchu

Seija and I in the plaza of Cuzco.

Oles reunited: Seija, Jared and me

We did a brief hike to
Torre Torre in Huancayo.
No comments:
Post a Comment